Discovering the power of the blood of Jesus was one of the most stupendous truths I ever received. It made my standing before an awesome, holy God real and secure. It became a cry to worship my majestic Lord. And it brought a doubt-destroying power to my heart—a new energizing resistance to self and sin. Before, I knew that Christ had won the victory, but a fresh revelation of the blood of Jesus made it my victory too! Jesus was unveiled to me—making him alive in my life.
Then, as I began to understand the cleansing power of the blood, its truth became like a broom, mop and soap to me. It cleaned up messes in my life! His power swept away wrong thinking, wrong choices and wrong emotional responses. I knew the blood was speaking on my behalf, giving me the courage to give Jesus full permission to do His work in me. Surrender felt joyful and resistance became sorrowful. Life with Jesus became a new relationship to me and a new power within me. That, my friend, is the joy I wish for you.
To fully experience the power of Christ’s blood in your life, consider the following six suggestions.
1. Expect Great Things. Expect the “voice of the blood” to speak on your behalf when you do your part to trust in it. Then God can release the unlimited powers of that blood into your life! (Hebrews 12:24)
2. Don’t Stand in the Way. Do not limit the power of the blood of Christ to what you can understand. There is no greater mystery in the Christian life, and you will spend an eternity discovering its wonders. Sprinkle the blood by faith wherever there is evidence of pressure, tension, failure or apparent defeat and against any satanic effort to thwart the will of God in your life.
3. Draw a Line in the Sand. Under the protection and authority of the blood, stand unafraid and unflinchingly victorious. Notify satan that he is a soundly defeated foe and that he has no legal right to move against you.
4. Be Thankful. Praise God daily for the wonderful power of the blood. David exhorts us in Psalm 9:11-12: “Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion; declare among the peoples His deeds. For He who requires blood remembers them; He does not forget the cry of the afflicted.”
5. Remember the Power and Use it. Keep the blood before you, just as if it were literally on the doorposts of your life. Then, in moments of difficulty or fear, you will be more likely to cry out for the power of the blood to work in your crisis. The children of Israel could not go in our out of their houses without being reminded of the sprinkled blood. It was over their heads; they had to pass under it. It was to their right and their left: They were surrounded by it (Exodus 12:22-23).
6. Do Your Part. Remember the power of the blood does not work automatically. You must plead the blood to work in your circumstances. As you do, God will supply what you apply.
If you conscientiously apply these guidelines, you are certain to experience God’s protection and victory in your life!
Originally published in the November 1997 issue of Reaching Higher
For more on this subject, see Pastor Bob’s blogs titled “The Blood of Jesus - Your Protection from the Evil One” parts 1 and 2. Follow this link to his website.
To listen to Pastor Bob’s message “Purchased by the Blood”, click here.