Patiently walking apprentices through life on life apprenticeship (sharing of both life and tasks) can move the other person from unconscious incompetence to conscious competence (making them aware and confident to live out who God made them to be).
- Must live out our belief that investing in others is the greatest investment
- Be willing to take risks and provide a safe environment where apprentices can fail, get back up and learn from their mistakes
- Equip, empower and provide long-term encouragement for apprentices
· Relationship creates a place for vulnerability. Vulnerability gives space for the freedom to express individual gifts and creativity.
· We must give tasks to grow each other, but liberation has no place for micromanagement or it’s not true growth in the individual.
· As leaders/influencers, we must be okay with our apprentice’s personal expression, especially when it differs from our own. In fact, we should celebrate it!
In order to liberate others, we must work with others just as Jesus did with His disciples. Leaders/influencers model well, include well, release well and are available for debriefing and recalibrating as needed. This is precisely what Jesus did before liberating His “apprentices” into the world. “All authority has been given unto Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples…” (Matthew 28:18b-19a NASB)
Goal - Raise up mature apprentices who pour into others, who pour into others… building what’s in God’s heart – an apostolic Kingdom family!
* Be sure you continue to stay passionately engaged with God and your apprentices in the week ahead. Please respond using the form below by December 19. Thanks!